This elegant, beamed and raftered barn deserves sumptuous feasts, family celebrations and friends gathered together reminiscing of the good times. Life revolves around the spectacular open living area. With its vast windows, large inglenook fireplace, flagstone floors, comfy sofas, cosy corners, lofty ceiling and a feature wooden traditional staircase leading to the first-floor bedrooms and gallery walkway. For those of you with toddlers fear not, stair gates are available at the property if you wish to use them.
Like any good home this property has the facilities to bring people together, be it out in the garden for a leisurely lunch around the large garden table or for those long evenings inside spent eating, drinking and laughing around the dining table, with the log fire burning. The long, traditional brick-floor kitchen, overlooking fields, has a large range cooker suitable for the cooking up the biggest feasts and the cupboards are stocked with all the crockery, cutlery, glassware and utensils to cater for every meal. There's also a snug sitting room tucked to one side of the kitchen to sit in and relax whilst the roast is in the oven. A set of French doors and two stable style doors allow you to bring the outside in and feel connected to the tranquillity of the open space the property sits in.
The property features five bedrooms, two of which are doubles and three twin rooms. The bedrooms have been furnished in elegant uncluttered country farmhouse styled décor featuring carved wood or ironwork bedsteads, rustic wooden wardrobes and neutral bed linens. To make sure there are no queues for the bathroom we have two classic white bathrooms, a shower room and an additional w/c with cloakroom throughout the property.
Everything is taken care of at Manor Farm Barn – from a barbecue and high chairs to laundry room with washing machine & dryer. There's a lovely half-acre garden with large trampoline for the kids (big and small), outside games equipment, outdoor wooden tables and chairs, and a hot tub to soak in and enjoy the magnificent views. The barn is also perfectly situated for those of you that wish to access some of the idyllic nearby walks and cycling routes.
We are also happy to allow you to bring up to two well behaved dogs with you for your stay at the barn, so all the family (we consider dogs part of the family) can be together to enjoy the barn and all the surrounding area has to offer. All we ask is that you please ring 01379 678437 or email us here, to let us know you will be wishing to bring a dog or dogs with you, as some conditions do apply.
We have added a photo gallery of the property here so you can really get a feel for the property. If you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us here.
Manor Farm Barn benefits from a good village pub and a village shop just a short walk away selling local produce and some everyday essentials; larger supermarkets and other pubs and restaurants are just a short drive away in the surrounding villages and towns. If you require some more inspiration for places to visit, please view our local area page here.
Manor Farm Barn Features:
• Sleeps up to 10 people
• Free Wi-Fi
• Complimentary tea, coffee, fresh milk & homemade cake upon arrival
• Fresh flowers in each room
• All beds will be freshly made with all bed linens, towels and towelling robes supplied
• Fully equipped kitchen with white goods, crockery, cookware, cutlery, utensils and glassware
• Large garden with outdoor furniture (benches, tables and chairs and parasol)
• Hot tub
• Trampoline & outdoor games equipment (cricket, football and bowls)
• Enclosed courtyard
• Underfloor heating & central heating
• Feature inglenook fireplace with open wood fire
• Panoramic views of the Suffolk countryside
• Dog Friendly
• Ample off-street parking
*Please note charcoal is not supplied
Inside Manor Farm Barn:
• Grand living/dining-room with large inglenook fireplace and open fire, flagstone underfloor heated floor, 4 comfy sofas plus additional armchairs and a large dining table with chairs.
• Large flat screen TV with Freeview channels and DVD player
• Spacious farmhouse-style kitchen with traditional brick floor and stable doors to garden.
• Range Cooker, Dishwasher, Microwave and Fridge/Freezer
• Additional Lounge area adjoining to kitchen with TV, DVD and board games.
• Utility room with butler sink, washing machine and dryer.
• Two twin-bedded rooms, with shared ensuite shower room and w.c.
• One Super king bedroom (or can be converted to twin beds if you wish) with access to a shared bathroom and w.c.
• One twin-bedded room with access to a shared bathroom and w.c.
• One double bedroom with ensuite bathroom and w.c.
• Unique open gallery landing which overlooks the living and dining area and provides panoramic views of the magnificent beam raftered ceiling.
Please note that we kindly ask that you do not smoke inside the Barn due to fire safety. If you wish to smoke, please do so outside and use the sand filled buckets to safety dispose of any cigarette ends.